Installation Instructions, The specific repair for your device may vary.
A typical glass repair can be completed with the following steps. We suggest viewing a repair video on YouTube prior to installation.
- Apply a strip of clear packing tape across the cracked screen
- Use the Pentalobe screwdriver to remove the bottom 2 screws.
- Use the suction cup to pull up the screen and remove it from the rear case
- Carefully lift up the screen assembly, disconnect the flex cables and fully remove the screen assembly from the rear case.
- Use the heat source to slowly heat up the surface of your screen to loosen the glass adhesive
- Once the adhesive softens, slide the pry tool between the glass and frame.
- Insert the wire into to the exposed gap. Slide the wire gently down the length of the screen to safely separate the glass from the LCD.
- Insert the picks as you go to keep the screen separated from the LCD.
- Once the glass is separated, carefully clean the LCD to remove any leftover adhesive, dust or glass.
- Test fit the included double-sided adhesive onto the frame, trim if necessary. Once satisfied with the fit, remove one side of the adhesive, press firmly into place.
- Pull off the remaining adhesive backing and fit the new glass screen into place.
- Press firmly on the edges to ensure a good seal between the glass and adhesive tape.
Watch a repair video on YouTube prior to attempting any repair
- Keep organized, the screws are of different size and length. Mark and number the screws as you take them out to prevent damage
- Do not force the or pry the screen apart, you could damage the LCD.
- Do not overheat the LCD when softening the screen glue with a heat source.
- Work in a static-free environment, ground yourself before attempting any repair.